Allergies treatment doctor in chandigarh
Allergy treatment doctor in chandigarh
Best allergy treatment docotor
SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGY
The symptoms of allergy vary depending on the type of allergen.
Main symptoms of allergy are:
• An itchy, runny or blocked nose
• Itchy, red and watering eyes
• Chest tightness
• Shortness of breath
• A raised, itchy and red rash
• Swollen lips, tongue, eyes or face
• Dry, red and cracked skin
In rare cases, an allergy can lead to a severe allergic reaction, called anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock, which can be life threatening. Symptoms of anaphylaxis include:
• Swelling of the throat and mouth
• Difficulty in breathing
• Blue skin or lips
• Collapsing and losing consciousness
DIET AND LIFESTYLE
In case of allergy, one must follow:
• Take extra amount of water.
• Bitter substances should be taken regularly.
• Avoid extra amount of proteins and fat.
• Avoid difficult to digest food.
• Avoid the types of food which irritate your skin.
• Clean your body regularly.
• Wash your eyes with cold water.
• Exercise regularly.
• Avoid excess sun rays.
• Avoid chemical based creams.
• Use sun glasses to prevent the contact from allergens.
• Keep your room pollution free.
• Remove old and dusty carpets from your room.
• Practice Sarvangasana and Pranayam.
• Eliminate dairy products from your diet.
• Eat warm and cooked foods.
• Practice nasya therapy. Nasya lubricates dry nasal passage and keeps allergens away from directly irritating the nasal lining.
• Use herbal supplements and spices particularly ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and black pepper.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ALLERGIES ACCORDING TO CHANDIGARH AYURVEDA CENTRE
According to Ayurveda, an allergy is caused by the particular substance or the allergen aggravating a specific dosha: Vata, Pitta or Kapha. Ayurveda therefore classifies allergies according to dosha.
VATA TYPE ALLERGIES SYMPTOMS AND CURE
Vata type of allergies are experienced in the digestive tract with symptoms such as:
• Digestive discomfort
• Gurgling intestines
• Abdominal pain
• Wheezing or headache
• Ringing in the ears
• Joint pain
• Muscle spasm
When vata is aggravated and causes allergy, it is important to keep warm, stay hydrated and eat a vata pacifying diet. Vata types of allergies are cured by Ginger or Licorice tea with an added drop of ghee. To bring back vata into balance, use calming herbs such as Ashwagandha, which is an immunomodulator that calms the immune system’s response to allergens. Another useful tool in calming vata is performing a self massage or Abhyanga.
PITTA TYPE ALLERGY SYMPTOMS AND CURE
• Burning or red eyes
• Inflammation in the sinuses (sinusitis)
• Inflammation in the airway (bronchitis)
To pacify Pitta allergy symptoms, ayurveda recommends to ingest cooling herbs such as Coriander, Shatavari, Guduchi, Amalaki and Neem. Ingestion of clarified butter or ghee can calm the inflammatory reaction of pitta imbalance. These herbs contain healthy anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties that support our immune system.
KAPHA TYPE SYMPTOMS AND CURE
Typical kapha allergy symptoms include:
• Running nose
• Watery eyes
• Heaviness and excessive mucus in the head and sinuses
Treatment that help relieve Kapha allergy symptoms include the use of pungent and bitter or astringent herbs and spices, including Ginger, Pepper, Basil, Cumin, Cardamom, Turmeric and Cinnamon. An easy remedy to reduce Kapha type allergy is drinking hot honey water or ginger lemon tea. Trikatu can also be taken daily to pacify kapha allergy symptoms.